Recycled aggregate: The time is now
Lock-Block Ltd. annually processes over 300,000 tonnes of concrete rubble from construction sites into high-quality aggregates suitable for making fresh concrete. That’s thousands of tonnes diverted annually from landfill sites, and made into useable products that we sell under the Green-Stone™ brand.
Leaders in green technology
Lock Block Ltd. uses a state-of-the art crushing, screening, and washing process that maximizes the potential of waste concrete rubble gathered from construction sites. Recycling “waste” into high-quality product, our on-site state-of-the-art TRIO CT crushing, screening and washing operation breaks down concrete rubble and:
- Washes it three times to eliminate contaminants.
- Removes metals and other building materials (these can be recycled and used in other environmentally friendly products).
- Saves prep time and is emission-friendly.
- Generates minimal surplus material.
- owers carbon emissions by reducing or eliminating trucking.
The resulting aggregates:
- Meet all ASTM test standards for concrete aggregate and MMCD tests for road base and granular fill.
- Qualify projects for LEED® credits.
- Can be made into ready mix with a recycled content of up to 100% that can have equal to or better specifications than traditional concrete.
Winner of the prestigious 2012 ASTTBC TechGREEN Award
for our work in recycling, Lock-Block Ltd. minimizes our environmental impact. Currently, the only material that leaves our site is a small amount of wood and debris filtered out of our closed loop aggregate washing operation and we aim to make the leftover material from this process into a useable product. Our mortar dust residuals are a perfect liming agent for growing grass.